Shit, Let's Be Ninjas
The Skill of forge and hammer, as well as the brush and
quill. Ninja use Crafts to make goods, smith weapons and
armor, create works of art or repair damaged items. Crafts
commonly forms combos with:
- +Deception to create disguises that stand up to scrutiny.
- +Fighting to forge weapons.
- +Perform to impress nobles with intricate calligraphy
Failing a Crafts check costs the ninja time or materials,
whichever they have less of. If the ninja has an abundance
of both (or neither), the item appears complete but has a
hidden flaw instead (choose below):
- One of the item’s properties (such as damage or armor)
decreases by 1.
- One Quality doesn’t work at all.
- Failure with the item becomes a Critical
On a Critical Failure, all available time and materials
are used and the ninja must choose: the resulting item is
completely useless, or the item is created with a fatal flaw
and it is destroyed when a check fails.
Common or useful Boosts include:
- Additional Targets: The ninja makes two items instead
- Heightened Effect: The item is a masterwork. It gains
the Master-Crafted Quality.
- Style: The item is aesthetically amazing and worth
five times as much as normal.